Quality Assurance Guidelines
1. Is the information accurate? We will not knowing except inaccurate information, and we will remove any links or documents containing inaccurate information when brought to our attention.
2. Does the content exist elsewhere in a more user-friendly format? In situations where competing portals of similar content exist, we preferentially select the one that is most user-friendly (as ultimately determined by the local QA Committee).
3. Is the link a direct link to useful information? We generally don’t accept links that require the visitor to click through several more links to reach the promised information.
4. Are there advertisements? We generally don’t accept links or documents that serve primarily as an advertisement for paid services. Exceptions to this rule are made at the sole discretion of the local QA Committee.
5. Does the content contain any political or sectarian religious endorsements, or any blatant favoritism toward a for-profit organization or cause? Such content threatens our tax exempt status and will therefore be rejected.
DMCA, HIPAA & Civility Policies
We fully participate in protecting the intellectual property of others as defined by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Each local site in our network has a DMCA report form where concerns about possible infringement of copyright can be reported.
We fully participate in protecting the privacy rights defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Each local site in our network has the HIPAA policy and enforcement protocol posted.
And we enforce a civility policy that states “…keep comments civil. Don’t attack other readers personally. Keep your language decent. Don’t post spam, pornography, hate content, or threats to self or others. Your ability to post content on our network may be suspended or terminated if you violate the spirit of this policy.”
Click here to view the full content of our Terms of Service.